With 1.3 billion monthly active users on board, WhatsApp wants to make its platform more user friendly for small businesses which rely on it to communicate with their customers. The Facebook-owned company has finally released its WhatsApp for Business app which can help businesses engage with a large number of users more easily.
With WhatsApp for Business, the company has tweaked the interface and added a bunch of new features which will allow small businesses to furnish more details about themselves and respond faster to their customers.
So today (18 Jan,2018) WhatsAPP launching WhatsApp Business — a free-to-download Android app for small businesses. New app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers, and more convenient for 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them. Here’s how:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The new app is only for businesses. Individual users do not have to download it to connect to a small business. A business account after being confirmed by WhatsApp, will be highlighted with an icon, so people would know that they are chatting up with a verified merchant. They can also block a merchant in the same manner they can block an individual user on WhatsApp.
People can continue using WhatsApp as usual — there’s no need to download anything new. And people will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
Over 80% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business today (Source: Morning Consult study). And WhatsApp Business will make it easier for people to connect with them, and vice versa, in a fast and simple way.
WhatsApp Business is available and free to download on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. The app is rolling out around the world in the coming weeks. This is just the beginning !!